Hello again ;)
Well I'm off to Toronto again... Last chance before summer is officially OVER :( Anyhow, that means I am missing on an all day crop at Scrapbook Star - which kinda sucks but there will be next month! Right?!?!? Although if it is on the long weekend, I will have to miss that one too... we'll see!
Just a quick post today... but one of my favorite Scrap Designers, Christy Tomlinson, started a kit club; the Scarlet Lime... I had to share! The most beautiful kits... Christy is so incredibly talented in pulling things together!! Go check it out! TOtally worth it... there are paper-crafting kits, add-on kits and even online classes!
OH, should mention that September's stuff is already sold out... But October is going to come out! LOL And I am determined to get a hold of one of those kits!!
Anyhow here is a quick page... I am working on a couple of other projects - which will be put on hold due to my weekend trip ;)
Hope you all have a great weekend!!!! :)
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Hello again ;)
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Well summer is almost over.... Jess started school - well registration - on Friday...
She's still taking 1000s of self portraits almost daily! LOL
And picks of our cat "Tite Fille"...
And, something REALLY amazing... I won a copy of "Designing with Details" by Autumn Leaves on Candice Carpenter's blog! How cool is that!!! This book is the best! Everything is just GORGEOUS! The designers did a great job! Trully!!!!
Well, gotta run!! Errands are calling ;)
oh and house cleaning, laundry, mowing, getting Jess's stuff ready for school... you know! LOL
Here are some pages....
Have a super weekend! And thanx for all the comments!!
PS Sylvie, oui je comprends le français! :) Bonne journée à toi!!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Hey there ;)
Long time... sorry about that again...!
Well.... lot's has been happening... first, I should start with my dad...
I hate to ask for prayers... so I waited till I knew what was happening...
So I went up to Toronto last weekend to drive my brother back to our dad's, thinking, cool, get to visit my daddy.... Well friday night he announced he was getting surgery on Monday!!! Either an angioplasty (how ever you spell it) or if things were real bad: OPEN HEART SURGERY! Nice surprise?!?!?!??!
All to say, I drove him to the hospital in the morning, he had surgery and all is good!! I am so happy - "only" angioplasty........ Now if he could learn from this and start to take care of his health, it would be great! LOL So, needless to say, it was not a relaxing weekend!! After I pick up my dad and brought him home, right after which I drove back to Montreal...
Now for some fun news :)
I tought my first beginners class at Scrapbook Star on Saturday! It was super fun! I will be able to give these each month (or so) :)
Jess took the class and made this page, which I think is amazing:
And here is a quick page I made while in Toronto ;)
Well I should post a couple of more pages this week... as always, need to finish up journaling and a few details ;)
Thanx for coming by and your comments;)
Saturday, August 4, 2007
As a result, I am no longer her number 1 fan ;)
The following people are officially tagged (even though they will never speak to me again! LOL):
Angela, Sollie, Dawn…
Here are the rules: The game is SCATERGORIES….* Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the questions.* They MUST be real places, names, things … NOTHING made up!* If you can’t think of anything, skip it.* You CAN’T use your name for the boy/girl name question.* If your name happens to start with the same letter as mine, sorry, but you can’t use my answers!
My Name is Michelle
1. Famous singer/band: Marilyn Manson (not really... lol)
2. four letter word: many
3. Street: Mount Pleasant
4. Colour: Mauve
5. Gifts/presents: More Scrap Stuff
6. Vehicle: Mercedes (that I can deal with ;) )
7. Things in a sovenir shop: mice (hidding in the back store....)
8. Boy Name: Michael
9. Girl Name: Marie
10. Movie Title: Mighty Ducks
11. Drink: Martini
12. Occupation: Manager
13. Celebrity: Michelle Pfeiffer & Meg Ryan & Madonna
14. Magazine: Maclean's
15. U.S. City: Memphis, & Miami
16. Pro Sports Teams: (Toronto) Maple Leafs
17. Fruit: Mango
18. Reason for Being Late for Work: Manic depressive state of mind
19. Something You Throw Away:
20. Things You Shout: More! (LOL)
21. Cartoon Character: Marge SImpson... Mickey Mouse (my all time fav!!)
Ask your favorite designer 20 questions:
1. How long have you been scrapbooking? Since November 2006 - so 9 months now...
2. What size do you prefer? 12x12. I love all sizes and mini albums too!
3. Where do you get your inspiration from? Everywhere and anywhere!
4. What is your favorite drink? Coffee...
5. What is your favorite snack? Popcorn!
6. What is your favorite music? I love all types... But mostly listen to MIX 96 in Montreal
7. How long does it take you to do a page? I tend to have about 5 pages going at once and they take me a week... so I guess 2 hours a page give or take...
8. Do you consider yourself a scrapbooker or an artist? Artist - that's easy.
9. What is the hardest part of creating for you? Journaling... I tend to have a difficult time putting feeling on paper...
10. Who do you admire? I admire people who make an effort to achieve their goals... whatever it may be... I think that hard work in any aspect of life deserves respect!
11. What products are you in love with right now? MM mostly! But I am often drawn in by colors! Oh and any type of transparency I can get my hands on! LOL
12. What tools could you not live with out? My computer, paper trimmer and gel pens...
13. What trend do you love? Trend? Hard one... I think the idea of doing things your own way - thinking out of the box is the best! ;)
14. What trend just irritates you? I think following trends irratates me! LOL if that makes sense....
15. If you could work for anybody in the industry, who would it be? Christy Tomlinson, Donna Salazar, Angela Daniels, Vicki Boutin.... Sam Star... ;)
16. How many hours do you scrap a week? Before I started this 6 day a week working thing (which is temporary! Thank goodness!!) I was scrapping about 15 hours a week... now, 5 if I'm lucky! LOL
17. Do you get more done when scrapping with friends, or by yourself? By myself!
18. What mishap have you had that turned out to be a masterpiece's? Nothing I can really think of... If I don't like something - I tend to forget about it and move on... But if you consider things that I was scared of trying, felt unsure but then fell in love with the final outcome - my CUTIE transparency page ;)
19. What magazine or book is your favorite? Book would be Harry Potter at this time, but that isn't scrap related!
20. What is your scrapping budget per month? I don't have a budget... I kinda just go with the flow... lol
Now, who to tag...hmmm...how about Sam (right back at you!)!
That's all she wrote! :)